Thursday, May 26, 2011

Catching Up

For the last few days, I have been unable to access my blog from the usual sign in place. I tried a few tricks today, and was obviously successful. I am sorry to those who read my blog, I didn't mean to desert you.

So, what I've been up to lately. I've been working furiously on my book, hoping to get it ready for reading soon. Also, I've done some editing for a colleague and that went over well. I was surprised by how much I was able to help her.

Tornado warnings keep popping up in the North State and I wonder if we'll actually have a real tornado. The news keeps saying stuff about them, but as far as I'm aware, and I may be wrong, none have actually touched down. It's still interesting though.

I often find myself wondering why people who live in tornado alley don't worry about them like I would. I guess it's just how you grow up. Lot's of people worry about earthquakes and freak out about them. I find them to be rather annoying, however have not been scared by them. So, again, it may have to do with where and how you grow up.

American Idol also wrapped up this week. Can't say I was shocked by who won, can't say I really care any more. It seems to me that the contestants start to lose who they are on that show. I remember the beginning, when both of the finalists started. Both were good and I thought Lauren would make it to the end(yay go me). But as the show wound on, both started to lose what it was that made them amazing in their auditions. Scotty did great when he sang on the finale, especially with Tim McGraw, and I sincerely hope they write good songs for him. It seems that the male winners have a harder time with that show then the female ones. I dunno. That's just my observation. Hopefully he'll get good songs and do well, we can only be supportive of those that go for their dreams.

Moving on... So You Think You Can Dance is starting, tonight! I'm so excited. Dance has always been a passion of mine. When I was a kid I asked my parents if I could take dance lessons. They said no because they weren't sure if it was something I'd keep with long enough to be worth how much it cost. I understood, but never lost my love of dance. In high school, I took a dance class and even started teaching. Then I started taking private lessons. I even kept going into college, but life got ahead of me and dance fell away. But, that doesn't stop me from watching this show and thinking about how awesome it would be to be a part of it.

...

Golly gee, I think I've run out of things to ramble on about. My brain has fizzled out as I realized how close to 8pm it is, and that means... So You Think You Can Dance! Whoot! Whoot!

Until next time my friends, I leave you with this: "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." -James Dean

Remember to dream. Dreaming is all we have when the lights go off and we're all alone. When the world is crashing down around you, you're dreams will get you through. Dream, no matter how small, or how grand, just dream.

Goodnight. Sweet Dreams :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment