Saturday, May 14, 2011

Captains Log #128

I know what you're thinking, you're really behind and need to catch up on blogs.  But fear not!  This is actually my first blog, but #128 kept calling out to me, saying to use that number.  So here I am, writing my first blog, but calling it #128.

Moving on!

Today we'll discuss one of my favorite things.  Peanut.  For those of you who have no clue who Peanut is, here is a picture of the amazing... what is he?

Now, I bet you're wondering why I want to talk about Peanut instead of something more suited to a blog about who I am and my books and what not.  But, Peanut was the first thing to come to mind when I started writing.  My friend is working on her blog at the moment, and something she said made me think of Peanut.

I think Peanut is amazing.  Everyone out there should find Jeff Dunham and watch him.  The puppets he uses are all hilarious, but this little guy is my favorite for so many reasons. 

Reason #1  He's purple.  'Nough said.

Reason #2  He has one shoe.  I'm constantly only finding one shoe. 

Reason #3  He reminds me of myself, and a very close friend of mine.

Reason #4  I have a phobia of puppets.  I mean one of those, run, scream, and hide kind of phobias.  Clowns are the only other thing that have the ability to make me walk out of my way to avoid them.  But thanks to Jeff Dunham and Peanut, I am no longer afraid of... well... his puppets.  I still don't like other puppets.

The comedic timing put in to a vintriloquest act is not easy, and rarely done well.  But the timing between Peanut and Jeff is so funny you get lost and actually think the puppet is talking.

So, on that note, thank you Jeff Dunham for coming up with Peanut.  He is amazing. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment