Sunday, June 5, 2011

Really MTV?

So, I watched the MTV awards tonight for one thing, the Harry Potter preview. I am a die hard Harry Potter fan and am anxiously awaiting the last (sad face) Harry Potter movie.

However, I am very upset with MTV and the awards. We all know, out of the award shows out there, the MTV movie awards has lost its way. They used to be entertaining, they used to have awesome movies and actors, they used to push the envelope. Now, they push the audience. Away.

This year they really messed up with the lack of showing some of the more awesome awards. Like, Biggest Bad Ass Star, which went to ChloĆ« Grace Moretz for Kick Ass, and Best Scared as Shit Performance, which went to Ellen Page – Inception, Best Breakout Star, which went to ChloĆ« Grace Moretz – Kick-Ass.

The award they could have done with out... Best Jaw Dropping Moment. Really? Justin Bieber was more jaw dropping then James Franco cutting his freaking arm off? Or Natalie Portman peeling her skin off in Black Swan? Or a freaking cafe being blown apart by Leonardo DiCaprio? Or even Steve-O flying in a port-a potty? Come on people. I guess keeping it the WTF Award hit too close to home, knowing the audience would probably ask, WTF? when Justin Beiber won the award instead of the more interesting moments.

It just irritates me that MTV has gotten rid of their more interesting award titles, and then they give us a show that doesn't show us all of their awards. Then again, MTV isn't exactly Music Television any more, is it? Maybe they're just getting tired and they've given up. I dunno. I don't usually throw a fit about things like this, but tonight it just irritated me. A lot.

Sorry for my crazy post about things that seem less then important right now when our world has so much more going on, but this is my blog, and these are my thoughts, so (sticky tongue face at you.) I'm sorry. It's late and I'm crazy. Night all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment